Monday 10 August 2015

The Magic Box

The universe has this strange habit of steering you towards different ideas, away from those you may have planned. I've learnt over the years not to fight this natural current and let go and see where it leads.


I got up for sunrise this morning in order to work on today's picture. Hoping for a lovely, still, sunny start to the day I was instead given thick, cold, damp, windy fog.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

After getting a little lost in a field of cows Tigerbelle and I decided to head home and I spent the morning trying to come up with a Plan B.

Several hours later (without as much as a whiff of any serious inspiration in all that time) I noticed a small empty cardboard box sat next to the torches I've been using recently with some of my photos.

And that is how the universe conspired to ensure today I would make...


The Magic Box.





Copyright: Clayton Bastiani

Model: Tigerbelle




Inspiration:

Real Life: An ongoing project of mine, taking photographs lit with alternative lighting easily found in hardware stores.

Film: The mystical suitcase from Pulp Fiction








No comments:

Post a Comment