Monday 17 August 2015

Seeing Double

I had two shoots booked during August and it rained both times. In a way I was secretly pleased as it meant I could spend the afternoon of each shoot experimenting up in the spare room.

The following pictures were taken with the Monochrom during my wet afternoon with Lulu Lockhart. As well as making short time-lapse/animation sequences we worked on a set of imagery where Lulu would split herself in two so I could bring them together today for this Monday Project instalment.

I like experimenting with my photography. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but that's all part of the learning process. When it does come together the results often surpass your expectations and lead you to want to do more.



Model: Lulu Lockhart

Copyright: Clayton Bastiani



Influences:

There isn't a specific influence this week, more a general collection. I've been thinking a lot about early cinematic techniques / trickery and when we worked on the time-lapse series it was hard not to remember all the childrens' animation programmes that had been a huge part of my childhood television experience: Morph, Chorlton and The Wheelies, Camberwick Green, Trumpton and Chigley to name just a few,













No comments:

Post a Comment