Monday 18 January 2016

Storytelling

A lot of my commercial pictures end up being used on book covers around the world. I'm not always working to a brief so I have to guess a final use for the picture and consider how it might suit different genres of writing, whether it be adult fiction, teenage fiction, crime, non fiction etc...

Although the photograph I take represents a single moment in time it's my job to create enough information to let the viewer complete the story - this may or may not be how I personally would have continued the scene but it is always interesting to see your work applied to somebody else's imagination.

It doesn't matter what subject we choose to photograph, be it weddings, fine art, sport, the yearly school photo... as photographers we are often immersed in telling stories.




Once upon a time...

Copyright: Clayton Bastiani






No comments:

Post a Comment